Sunday, April 8, 2007

My First EVER Creation

While I was in Cabo San Lucas for spring break this past week, I decided to get a little creative with the clothes that I brought in my almost 50 pound suitcase. Because there is not a Forever21 close to my house, I have a new found love for this fabulous, inexpensive store. I took one of my fairly simple spring dresses from Forever21 and started cutting away. I cut off the thick red trim at the bottom which made the dress a less awkward length. I then proceeded to cut the straps and turn it into a halter top. The dress was still too simple at this point so I broke off a chain necklace that I had, attached that making it into a halter dress, and cut off the boring white straps. To top my creation off I put on a gold, empire waist belt to give the dress a little glamour. For not knowing a single thing about the actual act of clothing design, I feel pretty proud of my first EVER creation.

I searched on Forever21.com to locate the original dress but unfortunately, I was not successful. Here is my final product:


2 comments:

moxie said...

Cute! ;-)

Unknown said...

that's so cute! and you're really tan. keep up the blogging!